I'm not even sure where I should start....My fiancé and I went to aaa to plan our destination wedding with 15 guests in April if 2017 for January of 2018.

Our travel agent recommended we go through Sandals for the wedding and have our guests stay at a Riu since it's family friendly. We took her advice and booked everything. Weeks went by with no word from Sandals so I contacted them myself. Turns out the wedding was never actually booked.

After doing so myself, I was informed that since our guests were not staying at Sandals it would be $120 per guest to attend and have dinner. The extra expenses just went up from there. I immediately contacted my travel agent whom then took over two weeks to get back to me. We finally decided to change our wedding and reservation to the Riu.

After booking that room for $4,600, I found out if I booked through Riu directly it would have only been $2,900. Same for th guests that booked. Our travel agent claims she can't do anything about the price difference because Riu didn't inform her of the promotion and they can't match it. Last but not least, she was unaware that the Riu didn't hold weddings on Sunday so we changed our wedding day to Monday.

We were scheduled to arrive on a Friday. Three days after we booked, she called us to tell us we needed to be in Jamaica for 2 business days prior to our wedding. So we had to change our travel dates to arrive in Jamaica on Wednesday. The airline charged us a $200 fee per ticket for the changes plus a $50 fee per ticket since we booked through an agent.

None of which they will cover. Upset doesn't begin to cover it. She's ruined my wedding. I'm now paying thousands of dollars more than I planned and she's made the entire trip more awful.

I should have just done it myself. I've met with her and her manager multiple times and the only response I get is how sorry she is and how the mistakes happened because she was misinformed by someone else. I've tried to be patient and understanding but I've had enough.

Paying an extra $100 fee to change plane tickets because we used a travel agent that has no idea what she's doing, on top of the thousands of dollars extra is it for me.My family and myself have been aaa members for years and I've never been more upset by anything.

Additional Fees
Number of Destinations
Insurance Quality
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Aaa Travel?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion